Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS
Locus Health blends a combination of innovative technology solutions & clinical services to improve the quality of care and outcomes for patients. Our unique approach has reduced patient readmission rates at UVA Health System by over 40%. DevOps plays a crucial role as we expand our solutions to care for many more patients, across multiple hospitals and health systems. In the next year, we are planning a minimum of a 10x increase in the patient population that we serve. As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Locus Health, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the software engineering team to deploy and operate our systems (development, testing, and production).
- Ensure HIPAA compliance in a AWS cloud environment.
- Plan and implement highly available infrastructure.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- This position is eligible for remote work, based on skills and experience of candidate.
Locus Health believes in a start up culture where both professionalism and personality are equally important. We work hard, play hard, and are constantly adapting to the agile environment we work in. We don’t believe in using manuals for everything, so we want to bring on collaborative, flexible, creative and open minded people who can work in a fast moving company. As a rapidly growing organization seems to do, we are outgrowing our space, so liking your neighbor is important, too.
- 5+ years of Linux/Unix administration experience.
- 3+ years of production experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Strong experience with MySQL.
- A working understanding of code, especially scripting (e.g. PHP, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby).
- Knowledge of ops best practices, security principles, and high availability.
At Locus Health, we have designed a benefit packet that is reflective of our commitment to creating a work environment that fosters teamwork, creativity and overall awesomeness.
Our robust, employee- centered benefits include:
· Competitive compensation
· Challenging & meaningful mission (we are literally saving lives)
· Generous Parental leave benefit
· Fitness and Gym membership discounts
· Tuition Reimbursement Benefit
· A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future
· Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy
· Individual Professional Development Reimbursement Fund
· Employer paid Life Insurance
· Employer Paid Long Term Disability coverage
· Voluntary Short Term Disability
· Educational Savings plan
· Paid Time Off, including Volunteer Time Off to give back to the community
· Free Family and Financial Counseling through the Employee Assistance Program
· Collaborative/ego-less environment where people are friends in real life
· Fun workplace with monthly employee-engagement events (food provided)
· Cool welcome SWAG for new employees
· Adjustable stand up desks
· A Mac laptop, if you like
· Healthy snacks, Nitro coffee, La Croix and other stuff to help you get through the day
· Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!)
When our employees speak, we listen. So stay tuned, as we continue to add more amazing benefits!